In returning to play during the Coronavirus epidemic our prime concern is the safety of all our members and club officers.
To ensure this we will follow the guidance of the Scottish Government, Table Tennis Scotland (TTS) and the requirements for the Village Hall Trustees so as to provide a safe and controlled environment in which we play. The club committee will continually monitor changes to Coronavirus guidance and amend and adapt our procedures as required. Jonathan Kinna and Peter Elderfield will be the club’s Coronavirus Officers a role described in TTS return to play guidance (https://tabletennisscotland.co.uk/ready-to-return/).
Initially we will only operate the senior (adult) section of our club. When practicable we will look to bring back our junior section.
- Hall layout as per the guidelines
- Three tables – well spaced – floor tape marking playing boundary
- Cleaning spray, hand sanitiser and paper towel per table
- (Photo Ian Ladbrooke)
The following operational procedures will apply and all our players are asked to read and abide by them:
- No one with symptons of Coronavirus can play – please see link here to NHS Scotland symptom checker https://www.nhsinform.scot/self-help-guides/self-help-guide-coronavirus-covid-19 Neither can anyone who is self-isolating as per current rules in Scotland can play
- Sessions will be marshalled by a club officer acting as the ‘Session Marshall’ who will maintain the register of players, time the sessions, provide advice and guidance to players and oversee cleaning arrangements
- All players must book to play in advance. Booking will be online via a link from the Page ‘Session Booking’
- From the booking table a register of players will be created for each session that will be used for ‘Track and Trace’ if required
- Players will play ‘singles’ only – unfortunately doubles play is not permisible
- Players will be play in groups, known as ‘bubbles’. A maximum of 6 players per bubble. Within a bubble players can swap opponents during their session
- If more than one ‘bubble’ is operating at a time then players must stay within their allocated bubble for the whole session
- Bubbles will play for a 45 minute session followed by a 15 minute gap before the next session starts
- Players can only play in one bubble session per evening
- Players to bring and use their own bats
- Clean balls will be supplied to each ‘bubble’ at the start of the session. Balls will be refreshed between sessions
- At the end of each session players will be asked to wipe clean the tables / nets using cleaning materials supplied by the club
- Face masks are not required to be worn whilst playing but should be worn at all other times – i.e on entry to and exit from the hall
- 2 metre social distancing to be maintained at all times
- Players should arrive no more than 5 minutes before their session and disperse promptly afterwards. A one-way entry and exit system in and out of the hall will operate.
- Players are asked to wait outside the hall (maintaining social distance) until invited in by the ‘Session Marshall’ when the hall is ready and the previous session has left
- Hand sanitiser will be made available to all players and should be used at the start, during and end of sessions
- The set-up and put-away of equipment at begining and end of the evening will be led by nominated person(s) per evening who will ensure appropriate cleaning and readiness of equipment