1. NAME – The Club shall be called the GULLANE COMMUNITY TABLE TENNIS CLUB.
2. OBJECT – The objectives of the Club are to provide facilities for and to promote participation of the whole community of Gullane and Districts in the sport of Table Tennis.
3. APPLICATION OF FUNDS – The income and property of the Club shall be applied solely towards the Club’s objects as set forth in Clause 2 and no portion thereof shall be paid to or transferred, directly or indirectly, to the Members of the Club.
4. MEMBERSHIP – There shall be one class of Membership, open to the whole community of Gullane & Districts ordinary members (Senior and Junior).
i) Ordinary Membership shall be open to all adult inhabitants of Gullane and Districts and to juniors between the age of 6 and 17 years, who shall pay annual subscriptions (the amounts to be decided at the Annual General Meeting).
ii) Membership of the Club shall be open to all persons irrespective of ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or beliefs, or of age, sex, or disability except as a necessary consequence of the requirements of table tennis as a particular sport.
iii) The Committee of Management may refuse membership or expel or suspend from membership only for good and sufficient cause, such as conduct or character likely to bring the Club or sport into disrepute. The decision of the Committee may be appealed to the Full Membership.
iv) Membership shall entitle a Member to use the Clubrooms (1)for the sport of table tennis and such use shall be in accordance with any regulations laid down by the Committee of management.
v) Members will be allowed to introduce guests subject to any regulations made by the Committee of Management.
5. OWNERSHIP OF ASSETS. The whole funds and other moveable property shall be vested in the Committee of Management, all for the purpose of carrying out the objects of the club, as herein set forth.
i) The Club’s financial year shall begin on 1st September and end on 31st August in each year. The membership year shall begin on 1st September each year and the annual subscription shall become due on the dates set by the Committee of Management each year. Any member failing to make payment within two calendar months of the dates set, may forfeit his/her membership.
ii) The Committee of Management shall consist of the Chairperson, who shall have a casting vote as well as a deliberative vote, Secretary, Treasurer, and three Ordinary Members. Four shall be a quorum. Its term of office shall be for one year, but it may be re-elected. In all management decisions a simple majority of votes cast shall be decisive.
iii) The remit of the Committee of Management shall be:
a) To arrange, carry on, and regulate the affairs of the Club in accordance with this Constitution, and for this purpose to make such rules, regulations, and bye-laws as from time to time they may see fit, provided they are not inconsistent.
b) To appoint sub-committees of their own number for the purpose of carrying on any special aspect of the Club’s affairs.
c) To co-opt any Members of the Club for any special purpose.
d) To collect and administer the revenue of the Club, to ensure that any surplus or profit acquired from any source will be added to the Club’s assets.
e) To sanction all ordinary expenses incurred by the Club.
7) MEETINGS. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall take place in September each year. The meeting shall elect the Officials and Committee of Management, and auditors for the ensuing year. The meeting shall also receive from the Secretary and Treasurer statements of affairs and accounts of the club for the previous year. The Treasurer’s account shall be signed by him and shall be verified by auditors/inspectors appointed at the Annual General Meeting.
i) A notice will be sent to each Member at least one week prior to the meeting and shall state the business to be transacted.
ii) A Special General Meeting may be called by the Committee of Management or on the written request of at least ten Members.
iii) Seven Members shall be the quorum at any General Meeting.
iv) The amount of subscription to be paid for the following year will be determined at the Annual General Meeting. The subscription will be payable by a date to be determined by the committee. Reduced fees for new members joining during the membership year will also be determined by the committee.
v) Meetings of the Committee of Management shall be held as required. The above provisions for calling meetings shall apply.
8) ALTERATIONS OF THE CONSTITUTION AND RULES.
i) Articles Nos. 1,2, & 3 shall be fundamental and cannot be altered.
ii) Apart from the provision of Clause (i) of this article, the Constitution and Rules can be altered only by a two-thirds majority of those present at a General Meeting.
9) TERMINATION OF THE CLUB. The Committee of Management shall have the power to wind up the affairs of the Club should circumstances arise which make it, in their opinion, advisable so to do. All assets remaining after the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of the Club but shall be given or transferred to one or more of the following approved sporting or charitable bodies:
i) A registered charitable organisation(s)
ii) Another Club which is a registered Community Amateur Sports Club
iii) The governing body for table tennis in Scotland for use by them for the benefit of table tennis in Edinburgh and Districts.
Constitution approved by AGM 19/09/2018
Jonathan Kinna, Chairperson 2018